How to get fish smells out of clothes
Fish smells can be particularly stubborn and difficult to remove from clothes. However, with the right techniques and products, you can effectively get rid of fish smells from your clothes. Here are some steps you can take:
1. Soak in vinegar: Mix one part white vinegar with three parts water in a large bowl or sink. Soak the garment in the solution for at least 30 minutes. Vinegar helps to neutralize odours and break down any residual fish oils.
2. Wash in cold water: Wash the garment in cold water using a laundry detergent that contains enzymes. Enzymes help to break down protein-based stains and odours like fish.
3. Use baking soda: Add half a cup of baking soda to the wash cycle to further help neutralize odours.
4. Dry in the sun: Hang the garment out to dry in the sun if possible. Sunlight can help to naturally disinfect and deodorize clothes.
5. Use an odour eliminator: If the fish smell still persists, try using an odour eliminator specifically designed for clothes. Follow the instructions on the product carefully.
By following these steps, you can effectively remove fish smells from your clothes. However, prevention is always better than cure. If you're cooking or handling fish, try to wear clothes that you don't mind getting dirty or smelly. And if you do get fish smells on your clothes, try to treat them as soon as possible to prevent the odour from setting in. Wearing the right clothes to begin with also help, check out the range from FYNX to get the best clothing to reduce the smelly problem.