How to get squid ink stains out of clothes
Squid ink stains can be a real challenge to remove from clothes. However, with the right techniques and products, you can effectively get rid of squid ink stains from your clothes. Here are some steps you can take:
1. Scrape off any excess ink: Use a blunt object like a butter knife or spoon to gently scrape off any excess squid ink from the fabric. Be careful not to rub the stain, as this can make it worse.
2. Apply dishwashing liquid: Apply a small amount of dishwashing liquid directly to the stain and work it into the fabric with your fingers. Let it sit for a few minutes to penetrate the fibers.
3. Soak in cold water: Soak the garment in cold water for at least 30 minutes. If the stain is particularly stubborn, you may need to soak it overnight.
4. Wash in cold water: Wash the garment in cold water using a laundry detergent that contains enzymes. Enzymes help to break down protein-based stains like squid ink.
5. Check the stain: After washing, check to see if the stain has been removed. If it hasn't, repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 before drying the garment.
6. Use a stain remover: If the stain still persists, try using a stain remover specifically designed for protein-based stains. Follow the instructions on the product carefully and wash the garment again.
Squid ink stains can be really challenging to remove, but by following these steps, you can effectively remove squid ink stains from your clothes. However, prevention is always better than cure. If you're working with squid ink, wear gloves and an apron to avoid getting any ink on your clothes. And if you do get ink on your clothes, try to treat the stain as soon as possible. it's important to note that if your fishing and get squid ink on your clothes make sure you're wearing FYNX fishing shirts, they're made from a special weave to reduce the incidence of staining.